Children most of the time play with musical or colorful toys. But putting them to use the cognitive part of the brain and enhancing their motor skills will help them a lot in the future life. Like a 2-year-old toddler can only identify different colors of puzzles. But if they continuously play with them, their exposure will get bigger. And a time comes when your kid can solve a puzzle of 100 pieces.
Right at the right age
Your kid may be 3 years old, you cannot just hand over 24 pieces of puzzle or complicated game toys to your kid. They will not show interest in that toy and might refuse to play with it. So first you have to know his level of thinking and skills then buy a game toy according to it.
- Mostly the wooden and colorful toys are specifically for kids of age 2 to 4. They learn shapes, colors, or digits from them and also enhance their cognitive skills.
- While jigsaw and complicated puzzles are best for kids of 5 years and more.
- Easy to play with and colorful toys are mostly liked by toddlers. While toys with some topic and mind games are preferred by elementary students.
So, if you want them to engage in playing and spend quality time learning. So first of all identify the abilities of your kid.
Skills developed by puzzle and game toys
These educational toys aid and are beneficial for kids in many ways. From early brain development to cognitive skills, problem-solving to motor skills; your kid’s brain is now in good hands. Along with learning, these toys make your kid consistent and his concentration level also gets better.
- When a kid is playing with a mind game or toy, not only his mind is in motion. But the whole body is involved in the activity, which strengthens the muscles too.
- The control and management to hold a thing also increases. The movement of finger, eyes, and hands get better. So, your kid will easily grip the pencil when he goes to school.
- The toys will make your kid learn the coordination between hands and eyes. That your kid’s eyes and hands work simultaneously at a time.
- The process of visualization and ability to understand what’s going on and what are you looking at? Children can learn shapes, colors, patterns, etc.
- Verbal skills also get better by playing with puzzles and game toys. The development process for any specific concept and topic also becomes better.
- The behavioral approach that not becoming harsh or angry when you are losing a game, will also improves.
- A child gains a feeling of competence and self-worth. When a kid plays a game, the gameplay ends in success or failure. So, it encourages them to perform well and get successful.
- Social, verbal, behavioral, and cognitive approaches will not only improve but the kid also gets emotional relief by playing with puzzles and game toys.
As a calm kid is liked by everyone. Why not provide them with toys that increase the learning process and develop many good habits in them?