Like our body needs food to survive and get energy, the same for your soul. Music is food for the soul, the combination of sound and vibrations produces rhythm that acts as an energizer and relaxes your soul and mind. Music is an act to soothe your brain and inner self. Different people like different types of music; some find peace in slow Instrumental music while some love to listen to rock and pop music. Some people find peace in listening to music and some people relax by playing violin, flutes, or piano on their own.
People who are fond of playing music on their own made a music gallery at home. They made a collection of musical instruments that they like. There are many different types of musical instruments like string, woodwind, drums, keyboard, brass instruments, etc. But piano, guitar, and violin are liked by most people. Flutes are one of the ancient and traditional music products, still famous in many geographical areas. Today we will discuss string Instruments and woodwind Instruments.
What are String and Wood-wind Music Instruments?
Every musical instrument has its unique style and function to produce sound. Their many interesting tricks to create a rhythm through these instruments. You are going to buy whatever instruments, just make sure you are well aware of how to use them properly. Some instruments are high-sounding instruments and some are used in low notes.
You can guess from the name that string Instruments have strings that produce the loveliest sound. Some of the instruments are 4-stringed instruments, some have 8 and 10 strings that create a melodic sound. String Instruments are considered the biggest family of musical instruments that have various types of instruments. Violin, Guitar, electric bass, and cello are the most common example of string Instruments.
Wood-wind instruments are those instruments that produce the sound when you blow air in them. The air is blown in them from the sharp edge like a reed. Most woodwind instruments are made of wood but some of them are made of silver and brass too like a saxophone. The flutes, clarinet, saxophones, and piccolo are popular examples of woodwind Instruments. Saxophones are so common that they are also used by kids too.
Differences between string and wood instruments
The music instruments have different features and they produce sound by pressing or blowing their defined part.
- So string Instruments produce sound when the string is touched. While woodwind Instruments are the type of wood instruments that require air blown by human beings to produce mesmerizing sound.
- The main technique for playing the string Instruments is to sharpen the notes. While the technique for playing the woodwind Instruments is to flatten notes.
- String Instruments are mainly made of steel or brass etc while woodwind is mostly wood-made like flutes.
- Woodwind is easy to use and learn. A beginner can easily have his hands on woodwind Instruments, while string Instruments need practice and time to learn how to play them.
- Most people say that woodwind Instruments need your physical strength to play them properly while to play string instruments, you have to be intelligent enough to know about the strings.
- String Instruments are ascending instruments while woodwinds are descending Instruments.
- If you are playing a string Instrument, then select the nearer open string from the original one you want to play. Then press the string on the fingerboard towards the note you want. To play woodwind Instruments you have to select a non-fingered note above the actual one you want to play. Then press the valve down to the note you want.
Each musical instrument is for enjoyment purpose and to give you fun with pleasure. You just need to learn how to play it. Your kids will also like to play with them and learn them easily
Which instruments are popular among people?
Every year innovative technology and machinery are launched in the market. The musical industry also introduces easy-to-play instruments. Many wireless electric guitars are available on market. Some instruments are multifunctional and you can variously use them. Portable mahogany harps are also available that you can handle easily. For concerts used many LED guitars with lights are very famous nowadays. Many electric violins are being used by people.
In ancient times, the flute and saxophone were made of wood but now they are mostly steel or brass made. Many different styles and categories are also available in the market. 12-hole harmonica with a brass comb is available in stores and online. 16-hole multi-chamber ocarina is not only famous but also used as decoration at home. 8-hole pocket flute is a portable musical instrument 17 key multi-color clarinets and a smoked flute with three pipes are inn in music lovers.
What to buy?
If you want a musical instrument to gift on your kid’s birthday, then the violin or saxophone may be the best choice. As a parent we want our children to learn through playing, encourage them to do adventurous things, and use their cognitive skills. So according to research learning musical instruments at an early age can increase pocking power, better motor skill, and sharpen the brain. So playing an instrument can increase the intellectual power of your kid; then why not buy it. The harmonica is an easily learned instrument that allows your kid to catch the notes. If you have a toddler at home, then you must buy him a saxophone; they will love it. Teenagers kids will love to play guitar; it not only looks cool but also increases their learning power.
Music is also being used to learn at school as a subject. So if your kid is interested in any musical instrument, give him a positive response and buy whatever instruments he wants. The process of fun learning engages the mind in creating new feats and they will express themselves through music. This little musical journey may discover a hidden talent and artist inside your kid.